Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We Have A Winner - Lewis Collins


Well done, full marks and five house points to Office Pest for correctly nailing our mystery man as French Crop cop Lewis Collins.

In a past life the C15 agent, had been a bass player for Mersey band The Mojo's, whose semi-hit 'Everything's Alright' was covered by Bowie on his album Pin Ups...

Top work OP - you've won a peep at the the early non car-crashing-glass-smashing Professionals titles

For my earth pounds Lewis Collins would have made the perfect follow on Bond from Roger Moore. An approach was made by the Bond production team - but....

"It would be nice to get back to the original Bond, not the character created by Sean Connery - but the one from the books. He's not over-handsome, over-tall. He's about my age and has got my attitudes... I was in Cubby Broccoli's office for five minutes, but it was really over for me in seconds. I have heard since that he doesn't like me. That's unfair. He's expecting another Connery to walk through the door and there are few of them around. I think he's really shut the door on me. He found me too aggressive. I knew it all -- that kind of attitude. Two or three years ago that would be the case, purely because I was nervous and defensive. I felt they were playing the producer bit with fat cigars. When someone walks into their office for the most popular film job in the world, a little actor is bound to put on a few airs. If Cubby couldn't see I was being self-protective I don't have faith in his judgment."



He's even got a Myspace site you know..
Lewis Collins

10 comments:

lil said...

Phew!
Thank goodness; that one got my synapses firing big time…

office pest said...

Cooo!

I hope that Pest House win this year's half-day holiday!

Hurrah.

Mondo said...

Was it the detective you were thinking of Lil?

You can grab the CI5 theme as an extra bonus here OP

Keith said...

That's really cool. I don't know anything about him. I do think it would have been nice to have seen
Bond more like he is in the books. The movies themselves are so different from the books.

BLTP said...

when we were kids barrets built a estate in our village. In line with their ads of the time they flew a celeb in a chopper to open the new homes and it was Lewis collins. Which was really big news in our village where nowt happened ever. Anyway we piled down to see LC and after he's gone, he'd left a pile of promotional photos . Quick as a flash my brothers mate suggested we sign them and sell them on, it was good week at the tuck shop that week. Of Course I wish I'd kept one of the pics now!

Furtheron said...

Not even in the same city... oh well.

I nearly said David Jason... glad I didn't I've have looked a complete goon

Mondo said...

Keith - he was in The Professionals, which was described as 'Starsky and Hutch with explosions' which sort of nails it...

BL that is a cracker what a stunt
I often wonder how many on signed pics on Ebay (even with C.O.A) aren't legit..

F-ron - You can see it's him now though can't you do you remember him as Gavin (the lodger) in The Cuckoo Waltz with the ever-lovely Diane Keen

Piley said...

Knew it!

Oddly Martin Sheen crossed my mind when I was looking at it originally.

P

alexandra grecco said...

oooo....enjoying your blog! xx

Mondo said...

Thanks Alexandra - why not check out my music based blog too right here