Wednesday, December 12, 2007

An Annual Event Pt 2 - 1974

My 1974 haul of Annuals seems to be well represented at www.tonystrading.co.uk

The Protectors - Gerry Anderson production, 'Avenues and Alleyways'theme tune and the lovely Nyree Dawn Porter too. *sighs*


I used to be a terror for TV Detectives, but always found Columbo and Canon a bit boring. I'm sure Steve McGarrett (Hawaii Five-O) must have been inspired by Elvis.

Superman, Batman and Robin - all thriller no filler illustration only. Luscious.


It Wasn't all action for 74 there were cartoons and comic annuals too.

I only found out about the Whizzer characters sneaking into Chips stories and vice versa, years after I stopped reading W & C ( I think Minnie's mixer - one of my faves had been phased out by the 74 annual).


The BBC always had the best cartoons.


8 comments:

Axe Victim said...

I used to love annuals. I had that Pixie & Dixie book.

Mondo said...

Got a few more to come next week and a few 'outtakes' too.

Would've posted Grape Ape and Wacky Races one, but couldn't find the covers

Valentine Suicide said...

Jon Pertwee. Now HE was a Doctor!!

Piley said...

had all of those bar the pixie n dixie one i think. still got all my 'british comic' annuals (about 60 of em!) beezer, W&C, buster, krazy, cheeky, whoopee, cor (you cant make a monkey out of gus)

Mondo said...

VS - John Pertwee was my all time fave' Doctor and Sarah Jane still gets me glowing. (do you remember Planet of the Spiders - truly terrifying).

P Have you got Leo Baxendale's 3rd Willy the Kid Annual in your collection ? Reading the 12 days of Christmas from WTK 2 to my two at the mo' and ordered up the Marvel Holiday Grab Bags (remember them?)from Ebay

E F RICE said...

I'm sure I has a Professionals annual. Does anyone else remember this ? I don't remember it being very good by the way !

Mondo said...

EFR there were about 3 Professionals annuals - I'll be featuring one of them soon, one is a quite collectable too.

Mondo said...

EFR there were about 3 Professionals annuals - I'll be featuring one of them soon, one is a quite collectable too.